Last week Crystal came down from Boston to hang out with me. We went strawberry picking! It was my first time picking my own fruit from a farm. It was a lot of fun and I'm excited to pick blueberries and raspberries later this summer. I picked 5 1/2 lbs and Crystal picked 4 lbs. With my strawberries I made strawberry pie, 12 bottles of freezer jam, and some popsicles. Needless to say it was a successful trip.



Last Saturday was a perfect day to go to the beach. John and I had errands to run and we can't leave Walter at home alone for too long right now (ya know puppy bladders), but since we live in the Ocean State the beach is not far away. We drove down to Narragansett and checked out the Roger Wheeler state beach. I guess you usually have to pay to use this beach, but since we got there so late it was free! We were only at the beach for 1 hour. It was a lot cooler at the beach. I had goosebumps, but the water wasn't too bad. We only went in waist deep and it was just nice to sit in the sun and listen to the waves. The waves in the Atlantic Ocean are nothing like the Pacific, but a beach is still a beach! Narragansett seemed like a cool town, so some day when we have more time (aka when Walter is older) we'll have to explore.
 |
| The sand was super soft! |
 |
| I have no idea what John is doing with his hand. Pointing? |
 |
| The skinny, white guy is John! |
I need to make some freezer jam. Those strawberries look fantabulous. I love that you have your dog now. :)
ReplyDeleteYeah we like having him... most of the time. :P
Deleteokay, send me your jam recipe. was it tricky to make?
ReplyDeleteI just used the freezer jam recipe in the MCP Pectin box. Freezer jam is super easy.
Delete