Thursday, June 6, 2013

First DIY Project


 What does Jackie do everyday while John brings home the bacon? Sand. Lots and lots of sanding. On Memorial Day John and I started sanding our 2 end tables and coffee table. John tackled the coffee table and finished it that day. I was a little slower...

I absolutely love them now! I'm pretty sure we broke a ton of rules by turning our balcony into a little workshop, but we didn't get caught!



Before

After

John picked the stain- Black Cherry

The glass is amber and I had every intention of changing it in the future, but it's growing on me.

I spray painted the metal. Getting it to be even was trickier than I thought.




P.S. Our puppy was supposed to be fly into today from Minnesota, but his flight had mechanical problems. He's coming tomorrow so there will be a post about him in a couple of days.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I wish I had time at home to do DIY projects. I'm seriously itchin' for good one! I just don't have time. They look fabulous though! Nice job on picking the stain, John!

    ReplyDelete