If you never saw our apartment in Provo it's because it was too small to invite you over. Our last apartment was probably about 500 sq ft...maybe. We didn't have a kitchen table because it was too small, so we ate at our counter on stools. It was quaint and dirt cheap, but we were so ready to move!
Our 1st full day in RI was dedicated to apartment hunting. The 1st apartment we looked at was the 1st floor of a cute old house, in a picturesque New England neighborhood. Immediately John and I loved the area. We walked into the apartment, which had nice wood floors, and there was renovation stuff all over the place. The guy took us into the kitchen which had no counter tops or cabinets and was explaining what it would look like soon. The guy didn't tell us it was being renovated or that it wasn't ready. We were pretty bummed because it was going to be such a nice apartment for a really good price.
The next couple of stops were at large apartment complexes. We decided this would probably be the easiest way to move in ASAP! The first 2 places were meh, and then the 3rd place that I really wanted to live at didn't have any vacancies. So we made our way to the last place, which I had found that morning. The Ledges @ Johnston.
The manager was on her way to a meeting and couldn't show us an apartment, but as soon as we walked in I knew that this was where we were going to live. They had a good pet policy and the apartments were reasonably priced for all the amenities we wanted. For months I had been researching different apartments and areas around Providence. I also looked up the different wards and ward boundaries (where we would go to church). For some reason I always wanted to be in the Scituate ward (pronounced situate). Well this apartment was in the Scituate ward. We took a tour the next day (Wednesday) and we loved the apartment. They told us if everything cleared we could move in on Friday, and so we did!
We doubled our living space, probably the only time in our lives when that will happen. We're on the second floor, but moving in wasn't too bad. We have practically no furniture currently because we don't want to waste our money on cheap crap furniture. We're saving to buy nice stuff, so that means no couch, no dresser, no TV, etc. Anyway, here's the pictures of our apartment! Once we get more furniture I'll post an update. :)
The pictures are in order like a little walking tour.
I am digging this! Very cute :)
ReplyDeleteYAY! I am loving this place. So happy you found somewhere to live that was decently priced and big enough for a dining table. I can't wait to come and visit you in a year or so. ;)
ReplyDeletenice! the trees are so lovely
ReplyDeleteI am looking and looking and looking for places in Indiana, and it's pretty tricky from a distance. hopefully i'll find somewhere nice.