Monday, May 13, 2013

Hawaii- the easy life

Before John and I moved to Rhode Island I went to Hawaii to go to my brother Josh's graduation. John was so nice to let me go while he stayed home and studied for finals. I was gone for a whole week and it was awesome!

 We went to the Laie Temple. It was great and the grounds are beautiful!


The Point- in Laie. We saw Humpback whales here.
At Turtle Beach we saw Sea Turtles! They were napping. We saw 4 on the beach and 1 in the water.

Waimea Bay- One of the beaches we swam at. I swam here my 1st and last day in Hawaii. The 1st day had baby waves and I was not impressed. The last day had the biggest waves I've ever seen that were scary at times.

I found this bum at the Pearl Harbor Memorial

USS Arizona Memorial @ Pearl Harbor

Crystal came too! I think there are more group photos on her camera.
Pali Highway Lookout- awesome view

Chinaman's Hat- Josh, Crystal, and I hiked/swam/rock climbed to the top of that island. It was one of the coolest hikes I've ever done. You have to go @ low tide though otherwise you'd have to swim the whole way there. The water was chest high for a tiny bit, but for the most part it was waist or knee deep.

Dole Plantation Tour- It was kind of lame and over priced in my opinion, but the Pineapple soft serve ice cream was well worth the trip out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment