Monday, January 6, 2014

Crafty @ Christmas

This year for Christmas John and I went to Texas. My whole family was there. There were 12 adults and 3 babies. My parents downsized a couple of years ago, so the 3 out of town couples stayed at vacant ward member's houses. We played a ton of games. I won croquet for the first time ever! And we ate a lot of delicious, but not so healthy food. We also enjoyed the warmer Texas weather.

My last day in Texas my sisters and I got a little crafty, which is no small feat for Monson girls. We are not known for our crafts. We made headbands for baby Chesley. I think baby headbands are cute, but most of the ones I've seen are decked out with huge flowers about as big as the baby's head. I wanted to make some simple headbands with felt, elastic and hot glue. Nothing complicated. Remember, we're not crafty. We had fun, and we made a ton more than I envisioned. Who knows how many baby Chesley will actually wear, since I'm pretty lazy when it comes to that sort of thing.



John and I barely missed a huge winter storm that hit the east coast. Our flight was actually cancelled so we flew out a day later. We got about 6 inches of snow. Walter loves the snow, so we took him to the park to play in it. He still ran pretty fast in it considering it's depth. The exit for the park is on a hill, and we could not get up it for a good 30 minutes. Luckily our friends that live in the house across the street (Walter's puppy pal Winston) helped us get out. It took a lot of shoveling and man power, but we finally made it home. Now we know don't park there when it's snowy.

Walter staring at his buddy Winston



I made a little video of Walter and John playing in the snow. Really it's just a clip with some music. The video shows how big Walter is now.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I LOVE the headbands! They are so cute. And I'm glad you have your hubby and your dog to entertain you. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them too. We put one on Tommy to see if they fit. He looked so adorable! I wish I had the picture we took. It was hilarious!

      Delete