Tuesday, January 21, 2014

32 Weeks

I think I'm a little overdue for a pregnancy update. I am 32 weeks. Only 8 weeks left if baby decides to come on time. I went to the doctor today and she said I was having a textbook perfect pregnancy so far. I really don't have any complaints. Sometimes at night my hips get sore, but we bought a memory foam topper for our bed last week and that has really helped. Baby moves a lot! She's often kicking and flipping around. I've gained about 15 lbs, so my weight gain is all on track too. Yep, things are going pretty good. Hopefully everything will be textbook perfect during delivery as well.

I got a haircut last week too! I think I look a lot bigger in this picture than I actually am. I think it's the angle. I blame John. :)

I decided a while ago that I am going to have a natural childbirth. I was really freaked out about the pain at first, but the more research I did the more I thought I could do it. For anyone who's interested here's why I'm choosing natural.

- An epidural slows down labor. Why would I want to prolong the process?
- Since your lower half is numb it can be difficult to tell how hard you need to push.
- Risk of an epidural headache. No thanks.
- Several people that got epidurals said they could feel most of the contractions anyway.
- The body has natural coping mechanisms. It was designed for this and I want to put mine to the test.
- Recovery is quicker because there are no drugs being pumped through your system.

Obviously I have no idea what my labor will be like. All I can do is prepare myself to deliver naturally and make adjustments if necessary. John and I have our first birthing class tomorrow night. That will make things so much more real. We're still way behind in preparing for baby. It's crunch time and unfortunately John is not feeling the pressure. Men. He thinks that because we have a bassinet and some clothes we're ready. My goal is to have everything ready in the next 5 weeks. The time is flying by and before I know it I'll be a mom. Weird.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've got a good plan! So, excited for you. The birthing classes are fun, because they make it feel more real. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete