Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Land of Ice & Snow


Currently life in the smallest state consists of snow, snow, and more snow. This last week it seemed to snow every other day dropping at least 3 inches every time. The plows are running out of room to push the snow aside. In our complex alone there are at least 3 huge mountains of snow that just keep getting bigger and bigger. After a day the fresh fallen snow becomes icy and there's not much you can do with it. With all of this cold weather I have not minded winter at all this year. I really like that New England has 4 distinct seasons and all of them have their own magical qualities.

John and I have never really been that sentimental when it comes to Valentine's Day or even our anniversary. This year was no exception. I made heart shaped sugar cookies and we decorated them. I didn't have a cookie cutter so I just cut them out by hand, so some of them looked unique. On Valentine's Day we ate pancakes and went to Cold Stone because we had a coupon. Yeah, we're all about the romance.


On Saturday my awesome friends in the ward threw me a baby shower. I was surprised by everyone's generosity. Baby Ellie is basically all set. There are just a few more things we have to get. It's so great having friends, especially friends with kids because they know the best things to get you.

To be honest this year I was looking forward to President's Day more than Valentine's Day. President's Day marked exactly a month until my due date, John had the day off, and Walter got neutered. I was most excited about Walter getting neutered because he had been a little too frisky as of late. While Walter was at the vet all day John and I prepared 5 freezer meals. We got all the ingredients for 10 freezer meals for only $89. We're pretty excited about the money we'll save once Baby is born and the delicious meals we'll have.

When we picked up Walter from the vet they said that he would be groggy from the anesthesia. He was jumping around and was just as excited to see us as he was when we dropped him off. When we got home his grogginess kicked in. He has a cone that he has to wear when we can't watch him to make sure he leaves his stitches alone. He hates the cone. He has the saddest face when we put it on him and he runs into everything. It was hard not to laugh at him, but he was also in pain and would whine occasionally. It must be pretty traumatic for dogs to get spayed or neutered. They walk in happy and leave wondering, "What the heck just happened to me?" Walter has to stay pretty inactive for 2 weeks. I think we'll all have some cabin fever before the 2 weeks is up. Hopefully in the meantime some snow will melt so he can run around easier once he's all healed.

He was super snuggly, which is uncharacteristic of Walter.

The cone of shame.

1 comment:

  1. Love the cookies! And I remember when Penny had the cone she ran into everything too.

    ReplyDelete