Being the photographer that he is, Clark was most excited to see New England fall color in New Hampshire. In fact everywhere we drove whenever he saw some peak foliage he'd say, "Now that's New England fall color!" Every. Single. Time. I started teasing him about this because well, it was ridiculous how many times he said it. Clark, if you're reading this you know I love you! Anyway, the photographer in Clark had to stop whenever he saw a great photo op. This meant stopping quite often, abruptly, and sometimes in places where you shouldn't stop.
Clark is also trip planner extraordinaire! His trip itinerary (what I liked to call his short story) was a very thick packet of pages with maps, addresses, and a detailed description of what we would do each day. For example, "1:30-3:00, Drive from Pinknam Notch to Franconia Notch enjoying the scenery along the way." Okay, so the time and where we were going I just made up, but he really did write "enjoying the scenery along the way." Janelle and I joked that we would not enjoy the scenery! So if you ever want to go on vacation, but you don't want to plan it just have Clark plan it for you and you too can have an entertaining, short story sized itinerary. And now for the pictures of the White Mountains.
We went to a bunch of different waterfalls and I don't remember which one on which day. Here they are in no particular order.
 |
| Crystal Cascade- This was probably my favorite. I just loved the ruggedness of it. |
 |
| Glen Ellis Falls |
 |
| I don't remember what this place was called. The waterfall was behind me, but I like the leaves better. This was also one of my favorites because it was fun climbing over all the rocks. |
 |
| Sabbaday Falls- It's a lot taller than this photo shows. |
 |
| Geeky Ben and Janelle @ the bottom of Sabbaday Falls. |
 |
| The Basin- I kept expecting people to shoot out of this waterfall like a water slide. |
 |
We hiked to the top of Foss Mountain- more like a hill. This was one of the views.
 |
Another view from Foss Mountain. Coming from Utah the "mountains" on the east coast seem more like hills, but they're still very pretty.
|
|
 |
Crystal Lake- This might be my favorite picture that I took.
 |
We had dinner @ an Irish restaurant. I ordered beef stew, which was amazing! Clark and Janelle said it was better than the food they ate in Ireland.
|
|
hahaha..."Chesly...The Spirit of America." Your pictures turned out really well. Your fall colors are as vibrant as my SLR with a polarizer. Kudos!
ReplyDeleteOh, and I'm impressed you remembered all the places we went. I'm not used to that. :)
I had to do some light editing to make the colors pop. Also, I didn't remember all the waterfalls so I looked at your pictures.
Delete