Monday, September 16, 2013

Sampling Some Local Cuisine

On Saturday John and I had a long overdue "date" night. We got a coupon in  the mail for a place called Iggy's Doughboys and Chowderhouse. I'm not a seafood lover, but I've decided to be more adventurous since we live in a place with fresh fish. We got the combo that was on our coupon and it was a butt ton of food. I ate my leftovers for lunch the past 2 days. It was deep fried fish goodness! Next time I'll have to try fish that isn't fried.

This isn't my picture just one I found, but the line was about that long. It was very efficient though.

Fish 'n Chips! 
(Also not my picture) Doughboys- fried dough covered in cinnamon and sugar.

My lunch leftovers. Clam Cake- ball of fried dough with clam bits in it. And Clam Chowdah (the local pronunciation of course).

Iggy's is on the beach so it's a nice view while you eat.

John is going deep sea fishing this week for work, so I guess he's practicing his sailor pose?
We like Rhode Island.


1 comment: